Go PREMIUM to remove Ads

Full UK Registration List

Posted by Wingco on 13 April 2018 - 12:27:27
3 posts, 0 aircraft seen at 0 airports. Local Airport: Not specified

Many decades ago one of the aviation societies produced a book with (at the time) a list of all uk aircraft registrations starting I think with G-AAAA. It gave details of each of the aircraft and their fate, eg: written off, scrapped, sold as, etc, with dates. Unfortunately they never updated the book which I found very useful and historically interesting. Does anything similar exist to-day? I've searched the internet and found nothing. Of course there is G-INFO available on-line but it would be a heck of a chore to enter every registration one by one to compile a record from G-AAAA to G-ZZZZ. Maybe that is why !!

Posted by Airbusyoung on 22 April 2018 - 05:23:54
89 posts, 3435 aircraft seen at 13 airports. Local Airport: EXT

Have you tried Civil Aviation Markings although this changes yearly might be the book your after. Covers all G- and M- aircraft.

Posted by plumtim on 28 April 2018 - 20:39:17
4 posts, 24714 aircraft seen at 222 airports. Local Airport: Not specified

Hi Wingco

As a start you can try http://www.airhistory.org.uk/gy/download.html but this only goes up to G-AFZZ! I'm sure there are other resources though.

Posted by Wingco on 02 May 2018 - 16:34:10

Hi Airbusyoung, Yes I get CAM every year and it's a pain updating my spots every time and it does not detail aircraft fate/history. Registrations come and go and unless you research every one they are lost. What about EasyJet re-registers to OE- for example??

Posted by Wingco on 02 May 2018 - 16:39:49

Hi plumtim, Thank you for your reply. As you say, they have only got as far as G-AFZZ which isn't much help. There really doesn't seem to be any other source available. Maybe G-INFO is the only way to go but I'm not sure I've got that length of life left to compile a complete register !!

Reply To Topic

You need to log in to post a reply to this topic.

<- Back To Forum