ezoic-pub-ad-placeholder-135 - 970x90
Go PREMIUM to remove Ads

Aircraft Modifications

Premium Posted by sherror on 27 July 2018 - 21:36:38
Local Airport: NWI

Hi there Would it be possible to tie in aircraft modifications with aircraft history. Whilst looking at A340 9H-BIG. I noticed that it started life as F-GTUB A340-313. It then became 4R-ADF being modified to A340-312, which was duly recorded. It then became M-VVIP (was still a -312) But is recorded as a -313.9H-BIG is recorded as a -313 (should be a -312).When an aircraft is modified is it possible to change details, so modified aircraft goes hand in hand with history of aircraft. Thanks Ron

Premium Posted by ux166c on 17 July 2019 - 04:22:48
Local Airport: RNT

Hello Dennis, I'm with Ron on this one. The most common examples may be frequently modified military aircraft. The KC-135 family is frustratingly refered to in PL as "707-KC-A" or something thereabouts. Might want to get Gavin involved in this one to give your volunteer editor group more flexibility. Cheers, Jonathan

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 21 July 2019 - 14:03:08
Local Airport: CAX

There's no real easy solution for this, unfortunately. I didnt take in to account that an aircraft would change type during its lifetime, so its not stored in a way that makes this easy to record.

There's one database record for the aircraft type, then records for each registration.

It would take a redesign of the database to move the type info into the registration details, which will be a bit of work. I'll add it to my todo list and see if it can be done next time I do an update

Reply To Topic

You need to log in to post a reply to this topic.

<- Back To Forum