ezoic-pub-ad-placeholder-135 - 970x90
Go PREMIUM to remove Ads

Issue with 'Editt my sightings'

Posted by rusty_man_spotter on 03 September 2018 - 19:57:38

Hi,

Having recently had all my records imported I am going through the process of updating any that are shown as 'Unknown' type.

The following steps are followed.

1. Select 'View' on sighting
  2. Select 'Edit'
  3. Change Type from 'Unknown' and insert a value for Model.
  4. Click on Update.

I then see a Stack Trace, see below. If return to My Sightings the sightings have been updated. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rusty

*[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] PlaneLogger.Controllers.SightingController.Edit(Sighting sighting, HttpPostedFileBase[] files) in C:\Users\gavco\Documents\Projects\PlaneLogger\PlaneLogger\Controllers\SightingController.cs:179 lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +170 System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 parameters) +254 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters) +34 System.Web.Mvc.<>c_DisplayClass13.b_10() +79 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +454 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +2179 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +143 PlaneLogger.Controllers.BaseController.ExecuteCore() in C:\Users\gavco\Documents\Projects\PlaneLogger\PlaneLogger\Controllers\BaseController.cs:87 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +91 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c_DisplayClass1.b_0() +25 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +39 System.Web.Mvc.<>c_DisplayClass8.b_3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +41 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c_DisplayClass4.b_3(IAsyncResult ar) +25 System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +5833 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +221 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +6982*

Premium Posted by Dougiehd on 09 September 2018 - 06:31:24
Local Airport: CMB

Hi Rusty,

I'm sure Nighthawk would have the definitive answer on this but my guess would be that the manual update might not match with the database. You can update your personal record however you wish and it will show as such. But when first logging it's best to log it directly from the database. So if you have any showing as unknown then you can alternatively log it in the database then dedupe and remove the manual entry. I may be completely wrong but that's how I would do it!

Posted by rusty_man_spotter on 09 September 2018 - 20:20:40

Hi Dougie,

Thanks for your reply. I will give it a try and see if it any quicker than the way I mentioned above. With just over 7000 to update any improvement to the time it takes will be welcome.

Cheers,

Rusty

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 11 September 2018 - 09:37:47
Local Airport: CAX

Hi Rusty,

I've just uploaded a change which should hopefully fix this error. Let me know if you still have issues.

Posted by rusty_man_spotter on 11 September 2018 - 17:47:49

Hi Nighthawk,

A works well now.

Thanks for fix,

Russell

Reply To Topic

You need to log in to post a reply to this topic.

<- Back To Forum