ezoic-pub-ad-placeholder-135 - 970x90
Go PREMIUM to remove Ads

Viewing other users' photos

Premium Posted by bosshep on 21 September 2020 - 02:52:03
Local Airport: LGB

Hello,

Is there a way to view other users' photo uploads in their entirety?
Tim

Premium Posted by Erazkiel on 21 September 2020 - 09:02:43
Local Airport: VAF

Hi Tim, I don't think so, I didn't find the way to. On the welcome page you can click to see the latest uploaded photo but that's it.

Maybe there is another way.

Premium Posted by bosshep on 22 September 2020 - 03:57:08

I think it would be a great feature! My variety of airliners may interest some people! Admins?

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 22 September 2020 - 15:56:19
Local Airport: CAX

Good idea.. i'll add it to the todo list :-)

Premium Posted by bosshep on 23 September 2020 - 01:19:52

Thanks nighthawk! You could make privacy settings in case some don't want a public album but I would love to share. Tim

Premium Posted by Lowflyer48 on 02 January 2021 - 12:08:54
Local Airport: Not specified

Completely agree with this post and the replies. There don't seem to be shown any parameters for the display of shots on the site. I've just checked a regn - G-DHLG, and whilst it's a definite record of a sighting, it could hardly be called a good shot being a half hidden long-distance shot of the tail-end. I have uploaded a couple of shots of the airframe, taken in 2019 showing a full close profile and full close nose on views yet they can't be seen by anyone. What are the parameters for the public display of photos?

Premium Posted by Erazkiel on 05 January 2021 - 21:20:27

Parameter is simple. First photo upload become the ID photo of the plane and will remain "for ever", even if someone load a better pic latter. We should have some "moderator" who should be able to update the plane ID pic if a better one is uploaded.

Like you think that your pic is better than the actual one, you tick a box when you create your sightings and a notifification goes to moderators and they change the photo if needed. Or we could have a forum thread, like the one we have for new registration, where users notify the reg of a plane where they want to change the ID picture for a better one they did (don't know if I'm very clear.)

In any case, I volunteer to be one of those "moderator" if you are interested.

Paul

Premium Posted by Mark Harrop Aviation on 09 January 2021 - 15:19:10
Local Airport: MAN

I wouldn't mind seeing other people's shots & be more than happy for them to see mine

Admin Posted by nighthawk on 14 January 2021 - 10:14:44
Local Airport: CAX

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Paul is correct.. its the first photo that is uploaded that gets used.. so get in first and catch some of the unseen planes, and your photo will be visible forever more :-)

I wonder if its maybe better to change it to the last picture uploaded, that way it changes over time, and may reflect livery changes?

The moderation idea is a good one... but I wonder if it might be too much work? Perhaps some kind of voting system where users can nominate a picture to be the profile image for the aircraft?

ezoic-pub-ad-placeholder-135 - 970x90
Premium Posted by Erazkiel on 14 January 2021 - 18:13:04

To my opinion, changing for the last picture is a good idea but what if the "new" photo" is really bad. The quality of the database will be impacted and it will be better to keep the old one. I think we need to keep an "eye" on it.

For the moderation, I don't realize the amount of pic loaded per day but sometimes I see the latest uploaded pics on the home page for several days. Maybe (if technically possible of course) we can add a box to tick when your create a new "sightings" to ask for picture replacement. A box like "Do you want to ask for ID picture replacement?" If the box it ticked, it send an "alert" to a moderator and if he thinks that the "new" pics is better than the old one, he validate the change.

As far as I see, I'm, personally, not afraid by the challenge to moderate this part if we can step up the quality of the DB. We can also be 2 or 3 moderators.

In anyway, thanks to be openminded :) Paul

PS: I'm dropping some ideas but I have no technical knowledge so I can't realize what is feasible or not.

Premium Posted by sherror on 16 January 2021 - 07:48:58
Local Airport: NWI

Hi there

Instead of having a photo on the data page. Why not have links that take you to the appropriate photo's in the whole database. A bit like "my sightings".

Ron

Reply To Topic

You need to log in to post a reply to this topic.

<- Back To Forum